Friday, October 16, 2020
4:00–6:00 pm ET
Join Cheryl Bascomb ’82, Vice President for Alumni Relations, and Dartmouth Alumni Relations and Volunteer leaders for welcome remarks, meeting all volunteers, and recognition of outstanding work by alumni organizations.
Saturday, October 17, 2020
Class Association, Club, Group, DCF, and DED Meetings
12:00–1:00 pm ET
Focused business meeting for volunteer associations and cohorts. Please register for the meetings by clicking on the links below.
- Class Presidents and Vice Presidents
- Class Secretaries
- Class Treasurers
- Class Newsletter Editors
- Class Digital Content Managers
- Class Mini-reunion Chairs
- Class Gift Planning Chairs
- Dartmouth College Fund Volunteers
- District Enrollment Directors
- Group Volunteers (affiliated, shared interest, and Women of Dartmouth)
- Small and Medium Club Volunteers
- Large and Metro Club Volunteers
VOX Building Virtual Community
1:00–3:00 pm ET
Cross-cutting volunteer workshop around the challenges and opportunities faced across volunteers and organizations for effective virtual engagement. Learn from each other and leave with a few new tactics. Not to be missed!
Tuesday, October 20, 2020
What’s Happening at Dartmouth: Volunteer Briefing
5:00 pm ET
Learn what’s happening at Dartmouth this term in a conversation featuring Dean of the College Kathryn Lively, Dean of the Guarini School of Graduate and Advanced Studies Jon Kull ’88, and Co-Chair of Dartmouth’s COVID-19 Taskforce Professor Lisa Adams.
Wednesday, October 21, 2020
Dartmouth Update with President Hanlon
5:00 pm ET
Join President Hanlon, Dean of the College Elizabeth Smith, and Special Advisor to the President Professor Matthew Delmont for a conversation about how Dartmouth is rising to the moment including responding to COVID-19, combating racism, and more.
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Dartmouth Looks Ahead: How the New West End Will Transform Dartmouth
12:00 pm ET
Provost Joe Helble moderates a conversation about how the new West End will transform Dartmouth with leaders Dean Alexis Abramson, Thayer School of Engineering at Dartmouth; Professor David Kotz, Computer Science; Elizabeth Wilson, Irving Institute for Energy and Society; and Jamie Coughlin, Magnuson Center for Entrepreneurship. Get an insight peek into the project and what the new West End will mean for Dartmouth and its duality with the new Arts District.
Fostering an Inclusive Volunteer Community
4:30 pm ET
Our alumni organizations are crucial in supporting an engaged alumni body and building a stronger sense of belonging and community. We all have work to do and this facilitated session begins the conversation with key volunteer leaders. Bring your voice and perspective to this important session.
Alumni Council Committee Meetings
6:00 pm ET
Please note that Alumni Council committee meetings are open only to current alumni councilors. Meeting links are shared directly from committee chairs.
- Academic Affairs
- Alumni Service
- Alumni and Student Engagement
- Enrollment and Admissions
- Honorary Degrees
- Professional Development
Friday, October 23, 2020
Alumni Council Luncheon
12:00–1:00 pm ET
Join fellow councilors for a virtual luncheon and social hour prior to kicking off the business portion of our meeting. Please come with your lunch in-hand and be prepared to engage as if we were in the Hanover Inn together.
A link to the luncheon will be provided separately.
221st Alumni Council Meeting
1:00–6:00 pm ET
The 221st meeting of the Alumni Council is open to current and former Alumni Councilors only. Highlights include updates from the Nominating and Alumni Trustee Search Committee, Dartmouth’s work on equity and racial justice, the presidential commission on financial aid, and Council business.
More to Explore
From iconic Dartmouth Zoom backgrounds to programming from across campus, there is plenty more fun and inspiring content to explore throughout the week.Explore More
Tips for attending the virtual Volunteer Engagement Week·
Add the session to your calendar by registering
· Ensure your Zoom account is updated to the latest version (5.3.1 or later)
· Attend with others: Invite more representatives from your organizations to participate
· Join on a larger screen (desktop, laptop, or tablet) as some sessions are interactive
· For meetings, please remember to check your video and mute yourself when not speaking as a best practice
· Minimize distractions
· Follow the 20-20-20 rule every 20 minutes, look at something 20 feet away for 20 seconds
· Check out Zoom support for getting started or take your Zoom game to the next level and learn more